“Ask For A Sign” Says the Lord! Isaiah 7:11
Posted on: Mar 12, 2017
Well, we did just that! From August of 2015-August of 2016 I prayed that the Lord would give us a digital sign. Out of nowhere back in August of 2016 Fr. Kevin gave me permission to ask you, the p
arishioners to help me fund my pet project which was to get us a digital sign for our parish.
We are now literally a few weeks away from our NEW SIGN being built and beautifully displayed out front. I just wrote a deposit check in the amount of half the cost of the full project. Do not pay attention to my hair, it may look like my hair is thinning but it isn’t, it is just the way I have it cut.
Now when I took up this project, I didn’t know that it was going to involve a lot of meetings and appearances in front of the Boone County Planning Commission. I didn’t know that there was a law that there cannot be a digital sign from Houston Road to the Airport. I didn’t know that I was going to have to get permission from our Bishop to even put a new sign up.
When I asked you to support me, I didn’t know how long it would take or if it was even possible to get the permissions necessary. Many people told me it couldn’t be done. But what those people didn’t know was, that God wanted the sign more than Deacon Larry did. So with full faith in a God of miracles and surprises, we raised the money necessary. Once we did that, I started tackling each of the hurdles that laid before me. And one by one they came tumbling down.
The first hurdle was the Bishop, well, it was like no hurdle at all, I had his permission within 24 hours. The Boone County Planning Commission was supportive from the word go. After several meetings and ton’s of paperwork, in January of 2017 we changed the law in Boone County.
So, let me share with you what you can expect to see in the next few weeks.
1. The sign is ordered, it should be here within the next three weeks.
2. Electric will be brought to the new sign location, sooner rather than later.
3. A hole will be dug once the weather permits, to lay the concrete foundation for the sign.
4. The bricks will be laid on this foundation next.
5. Then the digital sign will come in and be secured on the newly established brick base.
6. Then I will be trained on how the software works.
7. Lastly, we will have a beautiful sign displaying all of MQH’s events and proclaiming spiritual and inspirational messages to thousands of people who pass our campus every day.
“Ask for a sign” Says the Lord!! I did! Thank you for standing with me with your money and prayers! I cannot thank you enough! I can’t wait till you see the new sign!
God Bless +